Firstly let’s look at the types of Search Engine Marketing
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) commonly called organic or natural search
- Pay Per Click (PPC) commonly called paid search or sponsored links
What is Google Adwords?
For the purpose of this page we are going to look at Google Adwords, which is a form of pay per click advertising. Your ads will be displayed in Google Search results for your keywords and placement is mainly determined by bidding. You only pay when somebody clicks on your ads.
Google search divides up their search results to show both organic and paid listings. This image: red areas are paid search results, green areas are organic search results.
Why use Google Adwords?
It is a cost effective form of driving traffic to your website. Results can be measured and landing pages customised to increase sales.
- Attract more customers for your keywords
- Reach people when they are looking for the products/services you offer
- Target your ads to specific countries or regions
- Drive traffic to specific landing pages on your website for sales, special promotions or offers