Starting the process of creating a web site can be daunting task. We have broken it down into easy to understand achievable steps to take away some of the fear and keep you on track.
- Find a reputable web design firm
- Find an available domain name (& get advice from your marketing or design company)
- Register the domain name, setup email accounts and hosting (ask your designer for advice or they can do it for you)
- Design logo – Work with your designer on creating your brand. If you don’t already have one, or are not completely happy with your current one, now is the time to change it. Do not ignore your logo, it is the foundation of your business.
- Identify your message and unique selling points
- Identify keyword phrases for the website, this will assist in page template and beginning the SEO process.
- Your homepage layout and inner pages are designed. Keeping your branding and a number of elements consistent but feel free to deviate and modify on different page to achieve your goals.
- Write your content with SEO in mind (keyword phrases) and gather your imagery.
- Your designer finished your site.
- Test, sign off and launch.
- Submit your site to the search engines and add analytics (if not already completed by your designer).
- If this is an upgraded site, make sure all your redirects are in place (safe guard your ranking).
- Continue to add content to your site, this is only the beginning for your website…
Adding content is the single most beneficial task for search engine rankings, keep your site fresh and updated.
If you have any questions please get in touch. We would be happy to discuss your options.